Free Sample Products
- Free Sample Product Setting: Create a new root category to import/create new sample products or sub-categories under the same.
- Go to System –> Configuration –> Sample Product Settings –> Enable Sample Product
- Add Sample Root Category Id: Insert root category id of previously created samples.
- Create or Assign Sample products (sample products type only) under “Sample Product Category”.
- Be ensured to keep this sample product’s visibility: “not visible” to hide it from search, so users should not be able to directly add the items to cart. Make sure to set the price 0 (zero).
- FreeSample Cart range: Go to “Catalog –> Sample Product Range, and click on New range and add upper-limit to the cart-amount and number of allowed sample products.
E.g. If the range or cart total is set to 50 (=$50) for 1 sample product that means the customer can avail 1 sample if the cart total is $50 or greater.
- At Frontend, customer can click on the “Sample Products” button from the cart page to go to Samples page.
- While selecting the sample products, customers can select only allowed number of samples based on the current cart total they have. E.g. if the cart rules/range is set to 2 samples for $200 that means customers can select up to 2 samples if the cart total is greater than or equal to $200.